Thursday, June 18, 2015

Nagasaki is truly wonderful! Week 9

Monday June 8, 2015,

Konnichiwa!

Sometimes I still can't believe I am learning Japanese...and that I am in Japan! I am of course reminded everytime I am invited into a home and we kneel at a short squat table and I begin to not feel my legs anymore...then I really do feel like I am in Japan! 

We were able to have an awesome lesson with the Lady who invited us over to dinner, Koga San. She is a really cool lady. She made us Takoyaki, and just kept making us takoyaki! She made a ton! And she made cheese fondue to dip veggies and bread in! It was delicious! We taught her about who Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are. She shared with us some trials she is experiencing right now. The Spirit was so strong as we testified that she could truly feel peace through the Savior's love for her. And I was just reminded about how wonderful of an opportunity I have to be able to be here, in Japan teaching people about their Savior Jesus Christ and how He died for each and every person's pain, suffering, sickness and weakness. And because He felt that personally, He truly felt that pain and sorrow, He knows exactly how we feel. And because of that, He is able to comfort us in ways that no other thing on Earth can. His Healing is pure and everlasting and irreplaceable. I have felt this in my life and I know that everyone can feel it in theirs. One of my favorite scriptures from study this week was Mosiah 7:33. All the Lord asks of us is to turn to Him with our whole heart, and do our best to follow Him and Keep his commandments, and if we do, he is always ready and willing to bless, support, heal, and love us. 

Mosiah 7:33: But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.

Thank you for all the love and support! 
Lowe Shimai

Shokuji at the Ohira's house!

We ate out last Pday, it was a nice place :)



We made our own sushi rolls at a members house,! Delicious! And Klein Shimai and I were craving American spaghetti and meatballs so we made them!

1 comment: