Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Over here in Sasebo

Sasebo week 21 - wk 69 in Japan, wk 78 total

Monday August 1, 2016

This was a good week. The people we were able to meet with last week weren't able to meet again, which is sad but it's okay. We met some cool people. And our friend Phoung came to church, she's really interested in learning about Christianity.

This week I was able to give a talk in Sacrament meeting about the personal blessings I've received from Jesus Christ. It was a really neat opportunity to reflect on the many different times I've felt the
Savior's strength, love and forgiveness. Some of the experiences are small, some of them big, but each of them are the foundation of my knowledge that the Savior lives. I know that He loves each of us perfectly and unconditionally.  I know that when we reach out to Him, it opens the path for Him to come to us.

Love Sister Lowe

There is a restaurant here in Sasebo where you can eat somen (a type
of noodle) in a cave! We went with our English Class Students this week.
Beautiful views of Sasebo!

 

Our friend Phoung came to Church yesterday! She moved here from
Vietnam to study Japanese.

Honda Shimai taught us how to make all kinds of things this week,
 she is so good at cooking!



2 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah, I can't wait for you to share some of your real Japanese cooking tips with me! I am so happy for your Missionary experience in Japan. Love you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful place and people. What an amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete