Tuesday, July 26, 2016

My Last Transfer Week!

Sasebo week 18 - wk 66 in Japan, wk 75 total

Tuesday July 12, 2016

We got transfer calls today- Sister Ehlers is going to Okinawa! She'll be in Shuri, which is the smallest area of the mission, right next to where I was in Naha! So that's exciting! My new companion is a Japanese sister who actually was in the MTC with me and we sat together on the plane ride over to Japan! So I'm excited for that!

Our highlight of this week is on Wednesday. We didn't have a lot of time in the evening to go out and talk to people, but on our way from one appointment to another, we stopped and talked to a lady who was walking her dog in front of the church. We invited her to church on Sunday and she said yes! Gave us her number and said we could call her. And guess what! She actually came to church! And she wants to learn more about the church! We have a lesson with her tonight and are really excited to teach her.

My spiritual thought for this week is from the Book of Mormon, Alma 5:33 "Behold, [the Lord] sendeth an invitation unto all men, for the arms of mercy are extended towards them, and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you."

I love this so much because it just shows how simple the Saviors invitation to all of us is. With His arms outstretched, he invites us to repent, or in other words to align our actions, thoughts, desires
with His perfect actions, thoughts and desires. And when we do He receives us, he helps, loves, supports and comforts us. All He asks is for us to try our best.

All my love!

A local member and her daughter visiting from Utah 
took us to a restaurant that specializes in Salisbury steak!

1 comment:

  1. It does not quite look like any salisbury steak that I have had, but I sure hope it was tasty. Keep up the great work. We love you and pray for you always. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete