Monday, April 6, 2015

Nihon ni ikimas! (I am going to Japan!)

7 Weeks down at the MTC, 1 and a half to go!

Tomorrow we receive our flight plans for traveling to Japan on April 6th. Usually the missionaries head to Salt Lake Airport around 3:30 am; so that will be fun! 

My favorite part about the MTC has definitely been the amount of time that I am able to study and learn about Jesus Christ and His teachings. Every Tuesday night the MTC Choir sings at the devotional. Raines Shimai and I sang in the choir this week and I am so glad we did! In preparation for Easter, remembering Jesus Christ's death and resurrection, we sang "Behold the wounds in Jesus' Hands" The lyrics were so simple and beautiful. My favorite lines were

      "Behold the wounds in Jesus Hands, the marks upon his side, then ponder who He meant to save when on the Cross He died....Behold his wounded hands and feet! Come touch and see and feel the wounds and marks that you may know His love for you is real"

I know that Jesus Christ suffered for everyone's sins and pains. It is because of this ultimate act of perfect love that He is truly able to comfort us no matter what pains we experience. My favorite scripture on the Atonement of Jesus Christ is in the Book of Mormon, Alma 7:11-13. It was only after reading this scripture for the first time that I realized Jesus did not only die for our sins. He suffered so that "his bowels may be filled with mercy [...] that he may know how to succor his people according to their infirmities" Infirmities can mean anything, weakness, sadness, feelings of betrayal. Whatever your infirmity is, he has suffered it too and can comfort you in ways nothing else in this world can. In  John 14:27 the Savior says "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" 
 
I hope that you all may be able to feel the Saviors peace and Love for you this week.

As always, All my love!
Lowe Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment