Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Trust in God, then go & do

Minasan, Konnichiwa! (Hello Everyone!)

3 more weeks until I head to Japan!! I am definitely nervous!! I can say very simple sentences in Japanese, if you give me a couple minutes :P It is still difficult to understand the native speakers, but I am able to understand more than I could 6 weeks ago, so that's good! I think that when I get to Japan I will learn more quickly since I will be immersed in the Language, and forced to speak it (: 

So this Tuesday Night devotional a member of the Quorum of the 70, Ron R. Clarke came and spoke. He was an amazing speaker, very engaging, very loving, and invited the Spirit. He talked to us about some important principles that missionaries should be aware of. Some of the points really stuck out to me. One was the Holy Ghost. Through the Holy Ghost we are able to receive divine comfort and revelation. This will help us overcome the greatest trials in our lives. In order for us to receive that guidance, we must be doing good, exercising our faith, and trusting the Lord to guide us. He said "Revelation comes when you're on the move" it doesn't come when we are just sitting around waiting for God to tell us to do something; he wants us to use our agency and do good, then he can guide our actions. He also posed the question " Will you overcome your obstacles or allow them to discourage and break you?" It truly is up to us to decide. That is one of the most sacred gifts He has given us is our agency. We get to decide who we want to be. That's kind of a heavy concept but the amazing thing is that we don't have to do it alone. We have a Savior who loves us beyond comprehension. And He wants to help us. So when we feel weak and feel like whatever obstacle is staring us in the face will truly break us; we can rely on the Lord to strengthen, uplift and comfort us. I know that this is true because He has done that for me. 

Thank you for all the love and support!!
Ai shitte masu!
Lowe Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment