Thursday, March 5, 2015

1 Month Down!!! 5 Weeks Left at the MTC

Ohayo Gozaimas! (Good Morning)

The highlight of this week was that Raines Shimai and I subbed in for the Sister Training Leaders who were sick. We had the opportunity to welcome 16 Missionaries from JAPAN! on Monday and Tuesday. We ate dinner with them and showed them around the MTC campus and sat with them during the Tuesday night devotional. The shimai tachi (sisters) are SO ADORABLE!! and super sweet as well! Raines Shimai and I felt pretty incompetent when it came to communication though. At this point we are getting pretty good at teaching simple lessons about the church with the vocab we know, but we realized that we know very little everyday conversational words!! So it was fun to try to communicate with them in our broken japanese. Some know quite a bit of English which helped out. 

It was really funny, there was one Choro (Elder) that was asking Raines Shimai questions throughout the day about the MTC and what not. After the Devotional on Tuesday he came up to her and Said "I have a question" ... "Do you want to build a Snowmaaaan?" It was SOO Hilarious!!! then he was like "Do the magic! Do the Magic!" it was so great. Apparently Frozen is big in Japan too!!!


Yesterday marked 1 month here at the MTC. The more I study the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more I want to share it with everyone! The message of the restored gospel is absolutely beautiful. I know that anything is possible when we put our trust in Jesus Christ. I know that if we have faith in Him, He can help us overcome anything, and accomplish anything. He has definitely been helping me here as I am learning the Japanese language, it's hard! But I know that I can do it with Him beside me. 

I love you all! thank you for the love and support and letters!!
Ai shitte masu!

Lowe Shimai (:

No comments:

Post a Comment