Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 3 at the MTC! 2/26/15

Not much has changed here at the good 'ol MTC. The schedule is still crazy busy and the language is still tough, but I am still doing wonderfully! Our week is broken up very nicely with Devotionals every Tuesday Night, Service project on Wednesday mornings, Thursday preparation day, and Sunday night devotionals.

This last Monday, our teachers told us that we could not use our language books while we teach the investigators. That was really nerve wracking at first because we relied a lot on them! They told us they were taking them away a week early because they were so impressed with how well we already understand Japanese, and they feel that in relying on the language materials during our lesson is just holding us back from progressing even more. So that's pretty cool that we are doing so well as a district. I have definitely noticed a difference in our lessons without the crutch of the Language Books. So now, in order to prepare a lesson, Raines Shimai and I write out the English of what we want to teach and then look up the words that we don't know in Nihongo (we can use our language materials to prepare for the lesson just not while we teach) Then while we teach, we are able to form (VERY BASIC and guaranteed grammatically incorrect) sentences!! It's pretty exciting to be able to do this! Our sentences are simple but they teach the truth. I have been amazed by the spirit and feeling of comfort and peace we experience when we teach now. 

Healey Shimai in my distict and Hunsaker Choro
So much has happened in these past 3 weeks, I cant imagine whats in store for the next 6 here at the MTC and 16 months after that!! I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord. I have already learned so much here. I am also so grateful for the Dear Elder letters, I don't have a lot of time to respond to them but I am trying! Keep them coming because I love hearing about everyone and I feel so loved!!

Thank you so much for all of the support!
Ai Shitte Imasu!! (I love you)
Lowe Shimai

Sunday 2/22. Our zone before our Sempai (elders) left for Japan Monday
Some of the girls in our zone. (L-R) Raines, Lowe, Healey, Fullmer, Gibson, Smith, Madeaux, Thompson​


  Hymn in Japanese!! Which I can read because it's in Hiragana :)

My object lesson for teaching the Atonement

My name tag - It's Katakana so i can't read it yet but I will soon!

 Our classroom, we spend at least 10 hours a day here!

 My desk with all my study materials!

This is our bedroom; between getting ready in the morning and then at night before we sleep, we
spend a total of 2-3 hours in here each day 

My Aunt Laura sent chips and salsa; she knows me well (: the shimai tachi loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment