Tuesday, August 11, 2015

There's nowhere I'd rather be! Week 16 - Nagasaki

Monday July 27, 2015

This week was great! We met a lot of cool people on the street! Everyone is super busy though because of the end of school, lots of tests and such! 

We had an FHE (family home evening) activity with the Branch last Saturday. We played a bunch of silly games, like spot the difference between two pictures, and walk around chairs with a plastic egg in a spoon, and put a puzzle together as a group. It was so adorable!! And as I looked around at the maybe 12 members that were there, I just felt this warmth in my heart for them! I love them so much! and I know that Heavenly Father loves them so much! And I feel so lucky to have this opportunity to be able to share God's love with the people around me in Nagasaki. Every day, that is what I try to do, is help people feel that God is there and He loves them! I love being a missionary so much! One day this week, while we were out talking to people, I just had the thought, "there's no where I'd rather be than right here right now" And sure it's hard sometimes, but honestly this is exactly what I want to be doing with my life right now. I am learning so much about myself, about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, about their love for everyone. It's great. 

I've also been reading a lot of previous Conference Talks. It is amazing, the power of the testimonies of the leaders of this church! I know that they are called by our Savior Jesus Christ to testify to the world of His truths! I encourage everyone to review conference talks! 

Love you all!
Lowe Shimai

--"Conference" that Sarah references in her email occurs twice each year.  Jesus' Apostles, Prophet, and other church leaders spend several days giving talks, inspired by God, to guide us in our lives today.  You can find all previous conference talks at the following link and can search by topic.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng

Dinner with Mari and her family! They made pizza!

 Yummy dinner with Keiko (above and below)

Shiori (left) and Miagawa Shimai

Hawaii themed lunch last Pday

6$ for peanut butter

 Nagasaki is so beautiful!
 Spectacle Bridge
 Beautiful Sunflower
Rose shaped ice stuff that's apparently famous in Nagasaki
We literally had to push our way into the trolley; so many people!
Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment