Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Maebaru (wk 10) - Week 28

Saturday October 17, 2015

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here. It's getting really cold at night but really nice during the day! The trees and everything are really beautiful too.

The past couple of days, Packard Shimai and I have really been trying to know what we can do to be better missionaries. We've been working really hard and meeting a lot of really cool people! Unfortunately this week none of the people we have been teaching were able to meet with us, but we were able to talk to a lot of really cool people anyways. Yesterday we met a lady, when we started talking to her, she crouched down (they do that a lot here, just sit on their ankles kind of) and we felt awkward standing up, talking down to her, so we knelt down too, and talked about our message for about 15 minutes, just kneeling in her doorway. I love Japan! So many unique experiences because of the differences in culture! It's awesome. Packard Shimai and I have also been eating Nato (fermented soybeans) for breakfast. It's a Japanese favorite. We've just been eating it with a fried egg on top, but the real Japanese way is put the Nato over rice and then crack a raw egg over top and eat it! I've been hesitant to try it, mmm raw eggs and fermented soybeans just doesn't sound appetizing, but! I think I'm going to try it this week!

Today we got to go to the Temple to see Mari!  It was her first time in the temple and she was sealed to her parents! Pretty much everyone from Nagasaki came up to support her and her parents so I got to see everyone again! It just made my heart burst seeing them again. I love them all so much! And then knowing that I probably won't be able to see them again, not for a long time, kind of broke my heart! But, being able to go to the temple was so awesome. It's amazing. The peace and love and instruction we receive there is truly celestial. 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were able to go to the Temple with them, that will be a 'forever' memory for you and for them. I hope someday that I can be sealed to my parents, and to you too. Hopefully it will get all figured out. I love going to the Temple. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete