Thursday, September 24, 2015

Typhoon in Maebaru (wk 3)! - Week 21

Monday August 31, 2015

On Tuesday there was a typhoon! Which is basically really really strong winds and a lot of rain! Because of the Typhoon our mission president told us to stay in our Apartment until 6pm. It was crazy, and loud, but thank goodness we were safe! Our neighbors' fence got blown down but our Apartment was fine. It's funny having nothing to do as a missionary because we get really excited for the extra time to study Japanese and the scriptures!

That night when we went out, it was still kind of windy and rainy but we went out anyway. We found a really nice man who is interested in coming to church. And later that night we were talking to a really nice lady when all of a sudden, a cop car pulls up in the neighborhood. I thought I really hope they aren't here for us!... But they were! They asked to see our residency verification and where we were from, what we are doing, all that good stuff. We were really nervous. After about 15 minutes of questioning us they told us we should go home. When they left, the lady we had been talking to said that someone had called because we had knocked on the door and it was late and it startled them. In Japan, they mostly use doorbells but we usually ring the doorbell and then knock. So it scared them that we knocked. Oops. So that was a first!

We went on companion exchanges with the other sisters from Fukuoka. My Trainer Klein Shimai and Chapman Shimai (Klein Shimai's MTC companion, and they were companions in Nagasaki before I transferred there) came with their new companions. We Had 8 Shimai in our Apartment! It
was kind of crazy! But luckily in Japan, we sleep on futons, which is basically a really thick comforter. So we just laid them out in the kitchen for people to sleep on!

It was a really good week; this Thursday Elder Chie, a General Authority of the Church is coming to speak to our entire mission! I am really excited!

This week I studied a lot of different things but one of my favorites comes from Doctrine and Covenants 50:43-44. The Lord says "I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd...He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall" I know this is true, I have seen it so many times in my life. As I build my foundation on Jesus Christ, I always have clear direction and purpose in my life.

Thank you so much for the love and prayers and support!

Lowe Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment