Friday, February 5, 2016

It's Christmas! Naha week 7 (wk 37)

Friday December 25, 2015

I can't believe it's Friday, much less Christmas already!!

This Transfer me and my last companion Packard Shimai were assigned by our Mission President as Sister Training Leaders or STLs. This means that we will go on splits - or companion exchanges - with each of the sisters that are in Okinawa right now. It also means that we get to go to extra training to learn how to train others! So Monday afternoon we flew to Fukuoka together, and stayed overnight with the Fukuoka Sisters who are now Maglebee Shimai (who was in my apartment in Maebaru) and Carey Shimai (who was another new missionary my trainer trained) it was fun to see them again! Then we had training from 10am to 4pm on Tuesday from the Mission President and his assistants. One of my previous companions, Clements Shimai, was there. She's still in Nagasaki! I am kind of jealous! 
 
It was a great training. We talked a lot about how we can become more like Christ. I shared a short talk on Charity and how when we push out negative thoughts about others and ourselves, we are more able to love those around us, even complete strangers. After the training we flew home and I got back to Naha around 8 pm. Then on Wednesday we planned for the training we'd give to the Okinawa Zone on Thursday. We went up to Okinawa on Thursday and came home and planned the training for the Naha Zone training on Saturday. Needless to say, it's been a little crazy. But I am so glad I don't have to do this alone. I have an awesome companion who helps me always think positively and also my Savior who helps me when I am weak. 

I am so grateful for all the love I got in the Christmas Packages from the Wheaton Ward and family members! Thank you! Thank you! 
 
Love, 
 
Lowe Shimai
 
 Our Christmas Lunch came from KFC. KFC is what they eat in Japan, it's super busy!
 

We sang with Colonel Sanders!

 *disclaimer - that's sparkling apple cider, in case anyone was wondering
 
The best gift of all was getting to Skype with my family and 
to hear Emily read me a book for the first time!


 
 A really nice lady ran back out after going inside and gave us butterfingers!
On the right, a return missionary who is awesome and has been helping out a lot! 
Her name is Kanako
 At shuri castle a couple weeks ago
 High school boys photo bombed my picture (:
 I came to Japan with these guys! We were in the MTC together!
 I taught Bearman Shimai how to make okonomiyaki! She made it herself!
 This is what a skirt jammed in disc brakes looks like...
 This is what me trying to fix it looks like...
 Random people from Nagasaki offered to take our picture
 A healthy apartment is a happy apartment!
 Our investigator Kanako
 Hot cocoa
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you were able to get your torn skirt piece out of your bicycle brakes. If your Grandpa Starnes had been there, he could have fixed it for you. I was so happy to skype with you on Christmas with your mom. I appreciate her letting me cut in for a few minutes. Love you, Grandma!

    ReplyDelete